Providing service since 1911
Dedicated to the Citizens of Bonham
The men and women of Bonham Police Department are dedicated to serving the community and protecting its citizens while enforcing the law. Our Department's purpose is to maintain a desirable living and working environment for and to support the lawful lifestyle of the people of Bonham, Texas. This is achieved through public service, information, and enforcement of law.
"To protect and serve" is not just a slogan, but our way of life. We must always exercise integrity in the use of the power and authority that have been given to us by the people.
- Animal Control
- Traffic Enforcement
- House Watch Program
- Civil Enforcement
- 911 Communications Center
- Public Safety Programs
- Crime Prevention
- Lake Water Patrol
- Municipal Court
- Citizen's Police Academy
- Emergency Management
Storm Siren Testing Notice
The Bonham Police Department has changed the schedule for monthly testing of the city's Emergency Alert System, commonly referred to as "storm sirens".
Storm siren testing will now be performed every 1st Wednesday of every month at noon.
If there is bad weather, testing will be delayed until the following Friday.
- Manage resources to effectively and efficiently accomplish the Department's operational goals in the near and distant future
- Comply with all applicable legal standards and avoid practices that constitute an unnecessary invitation to suits against the City, the Police Department, or city personnel
- Manage personnel resources in a professional manner to encourage personnel to develop their talents for the mutual benefit of themselves and the Department
- Encourage communication and cooperation with other criminal justice agencies
- Maintain a positive community opinion of the Department through the professional behavior of personnel
- Minimize the occurrences of crime through preventive efforts by Department personnel and through the encouragement of involvement by groups and individual citizens
- Identify, apprehend, and assist in the prosecution of person(s) suspected of committing crimes
- Recover lost and stolen property, identify owners, and make proper disposition
- Minimize personal injury and property damage resulting from traffic accidents
- Protect constitutional rights of all persons
- Render reasonable assistance to people as the need for assistance is observed or requested
The goals above identify focal areas of the efforts of our Department. These areas are expressed in terms that provide continuing direction rather than final accomplishment. These goal statements are reviewed annually and modified as necessary to adapt to changing conditions and requirements. Only with this flexibility, can the goal statements continue as a guide for the maximum contribution which can be made toward the Department's purpose.