- Police Department
- Information Desk
- Public Criminal History Requests
Public Criminal History Requests
Texas Conviction Records
Federal and State laws prohibit the Bonham Police Department to distribute information obtained from the NCIC/TCIC (National Crime Information Center and Texas Crime Information Center) to non-criminal justice personnel and/or entities, as such the following information is being provided to assist in obtaining criminal history information through a non-criminal justice process.
It is the policy of the Texas Department of Public Safety that an individual or their authorized representative have access to and may receive a copy of their criminal history record information (CHRI). This policy is in compliance with V.T.C.S. Article 6252-17A, Section 3B.
The individual or their authorized representative must submit a written request for the CHRI. If an authorized representative is the requestor, written authorization from the individual must be attached.
The following list includes all the items that must be submitted with each written request for CHRI. Any missing item(s) will cause the request to be returned:
- Printed name of individual; include any other names used. Order of Name - Last, First, Middle
- Date of Birth - Month, Day, Year
- A complete and legible set of fingerprints on a DPS-approved fingerprint card (NOTE: All local police and sheriff's departments are supplied with DPS-approved fingerprint cards. Fingerprints submitted to request access to criminal history records must be taken by a law enforcement agency. Most departments will provide this service. However, it is the responsibility of the individual or his authorized representative to mail the completed card to Austin, along with the other necessary information.)
- Social Security Number
- Return address of individual or return address of person the individual has authorized to receive the criminal history record.
- Enclose cash, check, or U.S. money order for $15 per each fingerprint card.
Mail the written request and fingerprint card to:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Crime Records Service
P.O. Box 15999
Austin, TX 78761-5999
Attention: Correspondence Supervisor
If a criminal history record is found, it along with the original fingerprint card will be returned to the individual or his authorized representative. If no record is found, a notation of this will be made on the fingerprint card returned to the individual or his authorized representative.
For additional information, call 512-424-2079.