The mission of the Utility Billing Department is to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the assessment, distribution, and collection of utility charges. We will strive to provide customer service that will exceed all expectations by listening to our citizens and responding to their needs in a timely, courteous and respectful manner.
As of January 17, 2022, we will no longer be selling bulk water.
Important Billing Information
- Late charges will apply to all accounts if payment is not received in the office by the due date.
- Utility bills are mailed out on or before the 1st of each month and due on the 15th.
- Late charges will apply to all accounts if payment is not received in the office by the 15th.
- Disconnection for nonpayment occurs on or after the 26th day of each month if there is an outstanding balance
- If a utility bill has an outstanding balance on and after the 26th day of the month the account is subject to non-pay fee of $30 and can be disconnected at any time. There is also a reconnect fee of $50 once it has been disconnected for non pay.
- You must come into our office in person to request new service with 2 forms of Valid ID. Examples: Drivers License, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Passport. If you own you must bring in proof of ownership like closing documents or deed to your property.
- Water Deposit for owner is $150, renter is $200. Service fee is $50. These amounts need to be paid when you come in to get water service established.
- Pay Utility Bill Online
- Bonham Water Treatment Plant
- Concerns about solid waste collection
- Water Treatment Plant Tips (PDF)
- Regulations for Lake Lease Residents (PDF)
For the following services, please email Teresa Cline:
- Request New Service
- Meter Accuracy Test Request
- Service Disconnection Request
- Service Transfer Request
- Request to review my utility charges
- Report Meter Damage
For the following services, contact the City of Bonham:
- Report a Water Leak
- Report an Unsafe Condition